Friday, January 17, 2014

Success Food for Your Whole30

Here are some recipes that I have been using. Some of them I've found through several sites and Pinterest and some I have created myself. Enjoy and please feel free to post other recipes for me to try out.

*optional ingredient

Coconut Banana Pancakes
1 ripe banana
1 egg
1/8 c coconut flour (give or take)
1/8 c coconut milk (give or take)
pinch of salt
splash of vanilla extract*
Yield 6 small cakes (or two large ones as pictured below)


Mash banana and then add the egg. Add the flour, salt and milk and/or extract. Mix until desired consistency. Medium heat in a nonstick pan and I use coconut oil. Goes really well with steak and eggs!

My favorite guy loves my Sweet Potato Hash
2 sweet potatoes (cubed or hashed)
4 slices grass fed bacon sliced into small strips
1/2 jalapeno
1/4 diced onion
bunch of kale chopped
1 avocado sliced
cilantro

Medium heat in a non stick pan and fry up the bacon, remove and set aside. If you need more oil add some extra virgin olive oil. Add sweet potatoes. When those are cooked add onion, jalapeno and kale. At the end add the bacon. Plate it up and top it off with the avocado and cilantro. Can top off with fresh pico de gallo.

This recipe can of course be altered to suit your needs and wants! We've had it as a dinner has with burgers.

Speaking of burgers...they are my favorite. Particularly cheeseburgers. They're my weakness. So how do I kick these cravings? Lettuce wraps and tons of flavor. Butter lettuce or even kale for that wrap and I've started using lots of different toppings. Sun dried tomatoes, grilled onions and mushrooms, crispy kale, the options are endless. I've also just found a crunchy plantains recipe that you can use as "buns" or taco "shells". I haven't tried it yet but you all will be the first to know the outcome!


My new go to meal is also spaghetti squash with my mom's homemade pesto or some tomato sauce. Easy...cut the squash in half and scoop out seeds, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven at 400 for 30 minutes. Use a fork to scoop out the "noodles" and serve to your desire!

I would love to see what you have created and to try them out too! Cheers to a successful Whole30!


No comments:

Post a Comment