Friday, January 31, 2014

WHY?????


...is the most common question people ask me. At least once a day, someone asks me, “Why are you still doing this?” or “Why do you think you need to lose weight?” or “Why are you jumping on the New Year weight loss band wagon?” Though I really do not need to justify my habits to anyone, my answer is simple- to help kick off my healthy eating habits and to help maintain a healthy lifestyle.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 35.7% of U.S. adults are obese, that is 1/3 of the U.S. adult population. Obesity can lead to health conditions such as heart problems, diabetes, and certain cancers, all of which can rack up pretty intense medical costs. Last year I suffered from some intestinal inflammation that required several hospital visits. The doctors put me on a restricted diet and thus my first introduction to a gluten free life style. I have since then lost quite a bit of weight and found healthy alternatives. I don’t ever want to have to go through that again nor do I want to fall into an unhealthy percentage- help maintain a healthy lifestyle.

My diet before usually consisted of copious amounts of breads, cheeses, cured meats, ice cream and pretty much anything I could eat. So- to help kick off my healthy eating habits- I need to start eating foods that make me feel more healthy and energetic rather than sluggish and heavy. Yes, moderation is always the key; however, if you have little self-control… They say it takes two weeks for something to become a habit and after 30 days it becomes part of your routine.

Kick-start, maintain, routine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment