Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sticking to

Despite my inability to complete my Whole30 100%, I have never felt so good. Sleeping through the night, my muscles only ache after a solid gym workout and I have never ate this many fruits and veggies voluntarily. I am determined to complete the Whole30 100% at some point within the first 6 months of this year.

Aside from some minor cheats (sliced cheeses with my meat and GF cracker snack boards) I have been able to maintain a 90% paleo lifestyle. With April just around the corner I plan on completing my Whole30 100%. My last few trips to the grocery store have been mostly to prepare myself and with my recent move I managed to get rid of all of the unhealthy snack foods and stock pile with nuts and healthy substitutes.

Breakfast seemed the hardest to vary for me, so here is my go to breakfast meal:

2 eggs
Homemade taco seasoning
Homemade breakfast sausage or lean ground turkey
handful grape tomatoes
cilantro and avocado (garnish)
jalapenos
2 small sweet peppers

Saute it all together in coconut oil and serve up with some sweet potato chips. For that 'cheat day' add some black beans and cheese and serve with corn tortillas hehe



No comments:

Post a Comment