Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I cheated...

I will admit I have failed at the Whole30. My friends tell me no I haven’t failed yet if I go by the book, oh man have I ever!

At the beginning of my Whole30 it was hard to consistently find items that were on the eat list and items to avoid. It was really amazing reading the ingredients to every day products that cause a lot of inflammation and imbalances to our bodies such as certain oils and added sugar is seriously in EVERYTHING. If anything, this experience has brought me back to cooking at home more often. It took me forever to go grocery shopping and worse I had to hide all the food that was already in the house that I was unable to eat but really wanted to J After using the lists, reading the ingredients from the foods I knew I would eat consistently, and reiterating to myself the ‘foods to avoid’ list I felt like I was on the road to success and there would be no cheat days!

Even with all of my precautions I still managed to either accidentally find something in my meal on the no no list or allow my self a ‘cheat’- reflects my lack of self control. Up until yesterday, I was able to count on both hands how much and what I have consumed on the no eat list on purpose and on accident. Since the start I have had (this does not include yesterdays consumption of a chocolate mousse cake and truffle from Pix which was totally worth the sugar overload):
  • 8 drinks
  • 6 french fries
  • 32 corn tortilla chips
  • ½ ounce of gruyere cheese
  • 1 ounce of Guatemalan 80%+
  • 2 ounces of roasted peanuts (which I have also found out, I should no longer have)

So I have decided that yes, I will finish strong and then attempt Whole30 again in a month or so. I realize that I have talked myself up to complete this but also realize that it may take practice to get through it perfect, not that it needs to be. I strive to finish everything 100% without cheating- I mean I have tried to beat every level of Candy Crush with 3 stars and no boosts, and that is proving to be near impossible. I am determined to try again and learn new recipes and finish this round strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment