Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Do you know the Muffin Man?!

Success! The first baked good that does not suck all the moisture out of your face. I can't remember how I stumbled across this blog with tons of GF and paleo recipes but this gal knows what she's doing. What I Gather's Lemon Blueberry Lavender Muffins are full of protein and most of the ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.

I never used to eat too many baked good before moving on to paleo and the few times that I did they were usually bran muffins from a local bakery or the once a year Voodoo. The doughnut aside, even the bran muffins were full of sugar and were usually dry until I slathered it in butter and still not a favorite breakfast food or snack.

The LBL muffins- the most moist, filling muffins I've ever had and the majority of them were gone as I packed up a tin to share with co-workers. The consensus: they were awesome and this coming from all my "don't believe in gluten free" and "you can't eat anything on paleo" co-workers. I cut back on the dried lavender and they were still pretty pungent. When I make them again, I plan on cutting back a little more on the lavender, adding a little more lemon zest and making them into mini muffins. These guys are a perfect snack and make your house smell like a garden as they bake.

Tip of the Day: There are always different ways to make something your own. I believe in going by the recipe at least once to get a handle on it and then adding your own spin! Lemon raspberry muffins are next. Not everything has to go by the book all the time- it's more of a guideline :)

No comments:

Post a Comment