Monday, December 29, 2014

Post Holiday: Whole 30 Day 1 again...

What a whirlwind of a year! I have fallen off my routine and have enlisted my amazing Beach Body Coach Kelsey Ann, my supportive family and my "bustin' my chops" boyfriend to keep me in line. This means ensuring I post on ridiculousday EVERY DAY (Dad I'm counting on you!), I complete my PiYo and get that extra push when my P90X3 arrives (so excited!) and that my daily routine stays on track and that our grocery trips stay true to my goals.

Hess is focusing back to his primal paleo while keeping me on my Whole 30 goal. The holidays were not kind to us but we're not complaining! A wedding and a family union called for plenty of delicious food: prime rib, au gratin gruyere potatoes, an appetizer party with my mom's famous spring rolls and our Argentinean visitors made another 300 empanadas...you get the idea. With all of the delicious food, I definitely did not want any specials made while we were visiting so I made sure to moderate and ate a lot of foods that I probably shouldn't have eaten!

Exercise was always easy to incorporate especially when I had a holiday charity run to complete. However, after a shoulder injury and a mysterious broken pinky my exercise routine was put on hold. And I will admit, I have gained a lot of weight back and am back to several of my initial measurements.

So today is the day! I am starting Whole 30 again, we are moments away from our initial grocery shopping trip since the fridge is empty from our 2 week long vacation, lists in hand and meal ideas in abundance. My goals: to work out at least once a day and to complete this Whole 30 by January 29, 2015. After completion I will post another set of goals to keep me on track!

You can keep me on track too! If I don't post or if you would like to see a recipe comment below!

Tip for the Day: You know I'm a big fan of planning (oh that Type A personality) which also means I'm a huge fan of lists and things I can cross off. The above lists you can find on the Whole30.com site and are really helpful for your paleo shopping and guides.

No comments:

Post a Comment