Friday, July 2, 2010

No more breaks

While doing my undergrad work, I couldn't wait for weeks off and breaks and even during the first few weeks of LCB I couldn't wait for our first three day weekend. However, now for the first time, I can't wait to go back to class. Since my hours for work during break are less for some reason, I am even more bored. Up until yesterday it was great being outside and walking around and exploring parts of Portland that I didn't have time to get to before. Now it's raining, again. I've been told that it'll warm up after the 4th...I've heard that before (it'll warm up right after the Rose Festival).

As nice as not having a schedule is, I'm bored. I'm so bored that I have started to set up my schedule for the upcoming cycle...waking up at 5:45am. My work out schedule has been a little quirky and so now I have to rework it into the new schedule. The ever impending rain makes it really hard to be outside and Poho (K Dub's dog) and I are beginning to suffer from a bit of cabin fever. While it was raining, the apartment complex decided that this would be the day/days that they would pressure clean the outside of the building. So, all the windows have to be closed tightly...dogs aren't allowed at my place so we're stuck at K Dub's with the one little fan recirculating the hot air.

I think I have watched at least a season of the various TV shows on Netflix, watched Poho watch me from across the room, cleaned, done the laundry and contemplated surviving the next six weeks just on pastries. I have also begun my self appointed physical therapy for my finger as it is finally starting to heal but no longer bends on its own. Right now I have no time line or deadlines to get things done so I got most of my errands run at the beginning of break. This would be the time that I wished I had a car so Poho and I could take a trip to the coast or anywhere really. And for the most part everyone is still on vacation or hanging out with their families.

Oh my god, the sun is poking itself out! I think we're going to try and enjoy this for a bit.

Tip for the Day: Don't try and clean with a dog following behind you remaking a mess. Lock them in the bathroom, clean and then clean the bathroom. Sorry Poho...sorta.

2 comments:

  1. How about reading a good book to POHO? Marley? Old Yeller? Homeward Bound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, she's more of a TV watcher!

    ReplyDelete