Monday, July 19, 2010

Star Wars Day


Today was a day that I connected with my true inner Asian. After a class of starting puff pastry, soft rolls and croissants, I headed home to finally play with the Star Wars cookie cutters I recently purchased after three months of waiting. While I made my sugar cookie dough and got the cutters ready I turned on some classic anime and danced along to Thriller during commercials.

After a stressful day at work, leaving an hour later than normal and calling the local authorities due to a suspicious character yelling at us and trying to open the door, I made it back to my cookies. Frostings ready and cookies all cooled. I popped in number III, Revenge of the Sith and started another Star Wars marathon. I checked my fb and found that my awesome sister completed my SWD by posting a subway improv skit of Princess Leia confronting Lord Vader in IV. It was amazing.

However, after continuing to decorate my cookies, I have yet another reason to be thankful that I am not a full time baker. Patience is not one of my stronger qualities but I will take the time to make quality Star Wars cookies. As you can see, I ran out of steam to finish decorating. I wish I liked sweets more in order to appreciate the time and effort that bakers put in to making pretty things like cookies and tarts. And of course there is an added cost of having to purchase frosting and cutters and icing, another expense. Regardless, of the baking downfalls...best day ever. May the force be with you.

Tip for the Day: "Control, control, you must learn control!" When decorating, patience and control makes for steady lines and even decorating, if not, they get all scruffy lookin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment