Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cooking School drop out

Well, another adventure done for the time being. As of this year, I am a culinary school drop out. And yes, I understand that some of you are disappointed and sad but this is not to say that I am not going to finish. The Portland LCB through many rumors and actual contacts has lost their accreditation. Some people say they are looking for a new one, some say they lost the accreditation that wasn't really the main one, some people say they never lost it. Regardless, something is not right. And to be totally honest, getting a culinary degree from a place that spends an hour on what a whole number is and has students pick out the verb, noun and preposition in the sentence should not be accredited to begin with, in my opinion.

And on top of all of that, I used to be a teacher, so just let me transfer credits over for an interpersonal communication course. Instead of giving your students the run around and asking them if they know what the big words mean...make me happy. I'm paying you $35,000 to teach me something I don't know.

So, I dropped out of culinary school. I'm still employed and learning more at my place of employment than at school. And I am still going through crappy things and learning from them. I am contemplating moving again to find myself some more new adventures and to find another school to finish my second degree. I now have less than five years to make it to the remaining states on my list and what better time then now. I will finish school, but for now I will be that cooking school drop out.

Tip for the Day: Don't let people try to convince you that what you're doing is wrong or that you should do something because they think it is right. Do it because you want to because you'll have fun and you'll learn something new and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment