Thursday, February 5, 2015

Whole30 Day20 Super Bowl XLIX (later post)

Here we are again with another paleo Super Bowl! Though this year I am calling it Super Boo since neither the Lions or Broncos made it very far. If we recall from last year I was trying my best to come to grips with the fact that I may have a problem with gluten. I made chocolate, almond and peppermint 'cookies' and ate tons of humus and cider. This year we're changing it up!

This year's menu includes Jimmy Schmidt's Rattlesnake Ribs- recipe that my dad has been using for years, paleo coleslaw, Fire on the Mountain and Frank's wings. If you're from Ptown you now Fire on the Mountain, if you visit, you must check them out! 12 different sauces, tons of awesome sides like fried pickles (not paleo) and sweet potato fries and they serve the wings (you can order up to 200
The ribs didn't make it through the wings cooking but everything
was delicious! And the guacamole, I have no idea what it tastes like  since
it was gone before I could sit down...
wings) on frisbees. Beanitos (a black bean based style chip) and homemade guac are also on the way.

Though neither one of my teams are playing, still rooting for a great game and some awesome company. An early morning for me means that I get all the prep done and Hess is in charge!

Tip of the Day: It's like the start to Whole30, it is always a good thing to prep ahead! You need time to trash talk with your guests and don't want to be hindered by getting everything together. Marinades and don't forget to defrost. The only thing you should need to do is throw everything in the oven or the grill and enjoy the company and game!

No comments:

Post a Comment