Saturday, January 31, 2015

Whole30 Day 19 Ceviche

Another one of my downfalls is snacking. Like I've said those chips and blue cheese dip are my weakness work snack and sour gummies are my undoing. However, the grocery store the other day had a sale on shrimp and Hess wanted to try his hand at some ceviche. These were the small cocktail shrimp so they were cooked but traditionally ceviche is made with raw shrimp that is poached in citrus juice.

Recipe:
1 pound shrimp
Juice from lemon
Juice from lime
1/2 jalapeno
1/2 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
1 medium roma tomato, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 avocado, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small white onion, small diced
Extra virgin olive oil

Mix all the ingredients together in bowl. Cover and refrigerate over night.

It is now a yummy easy snack! We ate ceviche for breakfast with a fried egg, if we needed a quick bite on the way out the door and when I could get home from work. A completely paleo meal and Whole30! And since it's a little chilly and supposed to be winter, this was a nice refreshing treat that makes me look forward to summer.

Tip for the Day: Think outside the box. Granted this was not my idea, but we never really thought that something like this could curb a craving. It's surprising what new foods you can add to your meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment