Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Whole30 Day 9 Exercise

Most New Year's Resolution are centered around eating better or getting fit and those are great! For me they go hand in hand. Each time I have attempted Whole30 I have paired it with a 30-Day Workout Challenge like abs, squat or upper body workouts. As mentioned in previous posts, 2 weeks starts a habit and after the month is over it's just a part of my daily routine. I believe that you see the best results when pairing healthy eating with building muscle and burning fat also known as exercise and thus accomplishing both of those resolutions!

Three years ago, I gifted myself a personal trainer who helped me reach my fitness goals and served as my nutritionist as well. My trainer is part of a local gym club that allows me to use all of their wonderful facilities including a pool, sauna, weights, yoga room, spin room and many others. Since then, my trainer has opened his own gym but I have stayed at the club so that I can utilize the pool and other amenities that his does not offer. I love the gym and the motivation that comes from working out with others but last year I decided that I am looking for a little change.

At the end of last year, my amazing cousin decided to become a BeachBody coach. For those of you that have not heard of BeachBody they do workout videos and classes like Turbo Jam (what I started with), Hip Hops Abs, etc. If you are interested in checking them, click on the link above for some more information.

When we were in college, she got me hooked on these workouts and you could really see the results. So when she told me that she was becoming a coach I signed up immediately! One of my favorite workout trainers, Chalene Johnson, was coming out with a new workout called PiYo and my new coach started a challenge group. These challenge groups are awesome and allow its members to ask questions, post their goals and motivate each other. Coach also posts every day and is the biggest motivator for the group. She will call you, to make sure you are sticking to your workout schedule or give you that little push to get you going.

She and I found a workout that was best for me and it happened to be PiYo- low impact work outs to help increase flexibility, tone my muscles and combine the moves from pilates and yoga. When the DVDs came in the mail it was clear that this was definitely something I could keep up with despite my business schedule and previous knee injuries. PiYo came with all the tools to measure results and a schedule to post on your wall to help keep you on track. The first time I did PiYo I ordered Shakeology that helps cut down on cravings and can be used as a meal replacement or a post workout snack. Since Shakeology is not Whole30 approved I am trying to limit my usage for this round of PiYo.

When I started this round of Whole30 I also started PiYo again and have more energy, I can see my holiday hips fading and I honestly feel incredibly accomplished. Working out has me wanting to keep up with my healthy eating so that my results do regress. I feel as though this round is showing the most progress and cannot wait to see the end results.

Tip of the Day: There's never any harm in asking for help whether it is looking to a nutritionist or a trainer. In fact they are your biggest fans! If you're interested in looking for a trainer check out your local gym, those people love what they do and want to help and if you want to go the BeachBody route for a coach check out Coach Kelsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment