Sunday, January 11, 2015

Whole30 Day 11 Breakfast Time

If you have been reading my posts you know just how much I love breakfast. It is the one meal that I wouldn't mind eating for lunch and dinner as well. It is one of the meals that I can incorporate vegetables and fruit and limited protein, besides eggs. So here are some of the breakfasts that I've been cooking up at home with recipes!

 These aren't Whole30 approved since they are baked goods but this is my favorite banana bread recipe and it can be modified however you want!
4 very ripe, mashed bananas
1/3 cup melted coconut oil or butter
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Preheat to 350 and mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan (we like grab and go so we use muffin and mini muffin tins). Bake for 45-60 minutes (depending on altitude and oven). You can also add dark chocolate, walnuts. It is really important that the bananas are ripe so that they are a little more sweet but you can always modify and add some maple syrup to add that sweetness. These are always the first ones I bake after I get done with Whole30.


You can never go wrong with your simple bacon, eggs and potatoes. We love eggs from the coup if we can get them, uncured bacon and I like to keep with the no white potatoes so we make sweet
potato hash browns. They take just minutes to make- cheese grater, squeeze the moisture out and fry them up with a little ghee!
Sauces are sometimes a nice compliment to breakfast, my brother used to love ketchup with his eggs, my dad is a huge Tapitio fan, Hess likes anything spicy especially Sirache and I like Portland Ketchup or Chalula. It also depends on what you're eating. With the ever so delicious banana or pumpkin pancakes, real maple syrup and sausage links.


Breakfast is so versatile and you can add anything you want. My breakfast the past few mornings I have been trying to use as many vegetables I can. On the left fresh fruit (kiwis are so yummy and not too sweet and the clementines are from my parents orchard), eggs however you'd like and leftover roast with kale, garlic, onions and tomatoes. This morning I made the scramble on the right- Trader Joe's broccoli, kale, Brussels sprout mix, tomatoes and grass fed ground beef. These meals are so quick and easy. 

Tip for the Day: If you're bored with the ho hum of eggs and bacon or stir frys with no rice, try something new! It's the reason I do PiYo and other BeachBody workouts, they're all different and keep me interested. Food is the same, don't get bored with what gives you nutrients and energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment