Thursday, January 22, 2015

Whole30 Day 16 Cheating

Despite having someone there to remind me when I was going to eat something on my “You Don’t Want That List”, I managed to detour my Whole30. In comparison to the past Whole30s I have attempted, I am still trying to not give up and get back on track because after my 30 days is over, I’m going to continue. 

Even though I am not finished yet there are foods that I found that I honestly did not want or crave. I used to stay after my serving job and have a few drinks and Hess and I would stock up on red wine and local ciders. This time around I have only had 2 glasses of cider and the tastes of daily drink specials and I find that I don’t really want to drink even with a meal.

After reading the updated It Starts With Food gives an okay for some potatoes in moderation and salt, I still wanted to try and keep it low in my diet. There was definitely no cheating with French fries (huge self high five, they are one my weaknesses) but I did have some roasted potatoes with a meal that someone else prepared and on my first visit to Sweet Tomato I ate a baked potato. And my one huge downfall were chips while at work. A busy past few weeks led to a lot of snacking and I can only eat so many almonds and cashews. Along with the chips from work was the smoky blue cheese dip- not paleo or Whole30 and I usually had a 1 ounce ramekin full. For the last week of my Whole30 no more!

Since Hess is doing primal he eats beans and small amounts of cheese. As I mentioned before, if someone is nice enough to cook the meals, I don’t ask for anything special so I tried my best to eat around the beans and scrape the cheese. This time around I didn’t feel so pressured to eat certain foods or drink so it was much easier to go out with friends and not be jealous of Hess trying a bunch of new wines and ciders.

The hotel had a busy week and it seemed like most of the leadership teams all pulled together to get their staff yummy goodies to share. I brought my team pizzas (and ate a slice of gluten free) and my co-worker brought her team candy and not just any candy- SOUR PATCH KIDS. Sour dummies and gummy bears another down fall. Since I spent a great deal of time in their department one day, those little sour shapes were just calling my name and I resisted! Until I started to get stressed and then I stress ate 1/4 of the bag… 

Though I still haven’t reached my goal of completing a full Whole30 to a T, I am still determined and still feel the benefits of eating more vegetables and grass-fed, free-range proteins and less processed foods. Setting the same goal as last year- a completed Whole30 by the end of June!


Tip of the Day: Accountability. I could definitely not tell anyone that I missed a day of PiYo or that I cheated on my Whole30 but then I would be telling myself it was okay and that it was no big deal. If you want to achieve your goals the best way is to hold yourself accountable. That is why I always post my challenges and my successes and failures with each one. I mean how else will you grow and show improvement?

No comments:

Post a Comment