Saturday, June 14, 2014

Whole30 2.1

Due to unforeseen circumstances my second attempt to Whole30 was postponed until today! However, I did stay relatively paleo during this period. Today is the purge day of all of the cheat day foods I have accumulated- beans and dairy (which I shouldn't be eating in large quantities anyway), sugars- I have a box of Thin Mint Cookies that I have resisted for the past 3 months in the freezer, the tortilla chips and other grains and the booze. The beans and dairy don't bother E as much as they bother me so now that he has left for his summer job, I won't have them around to distract the little self control that I may have.

Since I have had extra time, it has allowed me to find some more recipes and prep. I have made some pretty awesome Caveman Ketchup:

Combine in medium sauce pan and bring to a boil: 6 oz tomato paste (not out of a can), 2 TBS apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp mustard powder, 1/2 c water, pinch of all spice and salt, 1/4 tsp paprika. Reduce to a simmer and add 1 bay leaf and 1 whole garlic glove, stirring occasionally for 20-30 minutes until reached desired consistency.

I have recipes from the Paleo Comfort Food Cookbook for Paleo Mayo and some easy chimichurri to slather on some sizzling steaks. As mentioned I have prepped some cauliflower rice, which after several attempts seems to cook best, roasted in the oven at 350 degrees. At the moment, I have a pork roast slow cooking in the oven with just oil, salt and pepper so that it can be separated for carnitas, pulled pork lettuce wraps and stuffed zucchini. 

Not only is this a way to help me meal prep for the week and/or month but this has saved me tons of money and time over the past few months. Tip for the Day: sometimes following a recipe is the only way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment