Monday, June 16, 2014

Whole30 Day 1

The first few days are usually typically a difficult adjustment, but the start to this Whole30 went more smoothly. This is probably due to the fact that I prepped much better than before. I slow roasted this pork shoulder for meals for the week, just basic salt, pepper and olive oil at 275 degrees for 4 hours, low and slow.

This was the delicious goodness that came out of the oven and made the house smell awesome, pull a part noms. I pulled the meat a part and let it soak in all the extra juices. My goal was to be able to make, tacos, lettuce wraps, scrambles and salads. Here's what I've created so far:

Pulled pork with green onions, topped with Stubb's BBQ sauce had so much flavor and was extra juicy. I miss the crunchy foods like tortilla chips so pair this with a crisp green leaf lettuce for some yummy wraps. My second pork meal a quick mix of sun-dried tomatoes, green beans, zucchini, garlic and my homemade taco seasoning with the pork was pretty tasty.

Tip for the Day: It pays to prep! Instead of a pork shoulder, roast a whole chicken for the same things or even make a delicious brisket- cut on cost and meal plan for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment