Saturday, June 28, 2014

Whole30 Day 6 and 7 Bulletproof Coffee

Fell behind. Actual Day 15

Caffeine is a must start to everyone's day. I am a tea drinker and have found some great local tea shops here in Ptown and I get the same kick. E loves his coffee and some mornings he doesn't have time to eat breakfast, which we have all established is the most important meal of the day!

I try not to skip breakfast since it is usually the only solid meal I get to enjoy cooking for myself. One "meal replacement"that people have talked about is bulletproof coffee. It's like a coffee smoothie to tide you to your next meal. The added good fats that get blended in the coffee provide that full feeling and your caffeine fix. I have yet to try it but it is paleo, not Whole30, approved with the right ingredients.

For 2 cups of coffee, 2 tablespoons grass fed butter (I use Kerrygold butter and cheeses), 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Warm a blender with warm water and put in all the ingredients, blend together and enjoy! There is also a higher quality coffee brand that you can buy that doesn't necessarily give you the side effects like jittery or the anxious feeling- always something more to look into before purchasing!

Tip of the Day: Always do your research and look into all the facts. Everything has its pros and cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment