Thursday, September 2, 2010

White Hairs

It's been a while since I got a hair cut. The last time I got it cut was at this fabulous place in Laramie- Flux Studios owned and ran by my awesome friend Trina. Since then, I'm too scared to have anyone else cut my hairs. Yesterday, I was standing in front of the mirror contemplating how the day was going thus far and what my plans were going to be for the rest of the day. That's when I noticed them.

Now, I have always had a small cluster of white hair at the very top of my head  (hehe, my dad also has a patch of white hair at the very top of his head). And whenever I would go get my hair cut, I would just get them cut or if someone saw them they would rip them out of my head. So, the white hairs haven't been tended to in some time now. And they seemed to have started their own colony directly in my part and on the top of my head. I'm beginning to look like Rogue.

In the instant that I noticed them, I suddenly freaked out and realized...O.M.G. I'm getting old. Yes, yes, I realize I am not that old but holy cow! I would say 60% of my friends are married, getting married and/or have kids or are pregnant. I am one of the few that do not have a stable job and/or is still going to school. When I was 19 (yes, not that long ago) I gave myself a list of things that I wanted to do before I turned 30. And now, that time is quickly approaching and my list has been pushed to the back burner. So, now it's time to get back in the saddle. Finish the things that I've started and stop being scared of growing up because growing up happens. I fished through all of my things and found my 30s list. Time to "finish an unfinished project".

Things to do Before I'm 30 (the old and the new):
-Visit all 50 states
-Visit all 7 continents
-Get my bachelor's degree
-Pay off all my debt
-Be happy
-Get my master's
-Grow a garden successfully
-Fall in love
-Live in a new place
-Take a road trip by myself
-Finish an unfinished project
-Run a marathon
-Climb a mountain
-Build something from scratch
-Write a book
-Fall in love...again...get married...?...for real
-Ski all season
-Go to the Philippines with my family
-Be in charge of someone's well being...aka get a dog
-Hike the John Muir or through the Red Woods
-Learn how to fly fish
-Raft the Colorado
-Siblings only getaway
-Make my own wine
-Go to church, voluntarily
-Eat something new
-Visit home more often
-Volunteer, voluntarily
-Get a job

Tip for the Day: No goal is unattainable. Bumps happen along the road but don't let those stop you. Pick yourself back up because you have people to support you through the good, the bad, the ugly. Good luck to those of you who also have goals to still complete...

No comments:

Post a Comment