Monday, June 14, 2010

Empty Fridge?

For the past two weeks, my mind has kind of been all over the place and not really focused on the necessities of life, like eating or going grocery shopping on a normal basis.

Funny thing is, I'm still alive and not starving. When I looked in my fridge I noticed that I currently hold the best bachelor(ette) fridge. There's no food, just condiments and beer, oh and rotten milk. When I saw this, I thought to myself, what the heck? How am I still kickin'? Not that my friends and family would let me starve but seriously, don't even feel hungry!

Then I remembered, ha I go to culinary school. I eat on a constant basis, tasting all my foods and then eating most of the 2-3 meals we make a day. Every that isn't eaten at school, makes it home for about 10 minutes and then I eat it again. So the food doesn't actually stay around for too long. KW and I also eat together at least twice a week for our Dexter nights, usually after I get back from work.

Dear Family and Friends, don't worry, I'm really not starving. It is just an observation. Thank goodness for culinary school!

Tip for the Day: Make sure your basics are always covered. Mirepoix usually consists of carrots, celery and onions, those are your basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment