Friday, June 11, 2010

Top Chef


It was a great week, frustrating but great!

On Wednesday we finally finished up our days of egg cookery. I managed to flip my egg into the stove and onto the floor several times. I made my overhard eggs 7 times and still didn't pass, they were either underdone or overdone or broke in half. My overeasy eggs Chef Keep You on Your Toes actually did mine for me, and my sunny side eggs (yuck) were a bit under done the first time or over done and still slimy the next. Needless to say, I really dislike eggs for the time being.

However, all of this was quickly put behind me, seeing as I am currently eating an egg with homemade biscuits. On Wednesday, there was a Top Chef tent parked at the square and they were doing cooking demos and having a meet and greet...of some of season 3 (the one when Hung won)'s chefs. CJ and Bryan. Bryan is actually from Portland and came to chat with the class after mine. A few of us headed down to the square to check it out and our good friend Mama MER put us on the list to watch the demo.

While we were waiting Mama MER told me to come with her as she headed to the Top Chef trailer. When we arrived, CJ and Bryan were standing there in the back chatting. So, we got to chat right along with them. We talked about school, who we were and what we were up to. Both guys were really nice and very studly for some Top Chefs. They told us that we would get into the demo, and we did. Got right up front. CJ led the demo and made us braised veal with bacon and red wine marinated apricots with a radish and parsley salad, garnished with sauteed garlic shoots. It was awesome!

Tip for the Day: Just because you win a competition doesn't mean people will like you. Just do your thing and be proud of the things that you put on your plate. And even though people may not like you, try really hard not to piss off your fellow chefs.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome picture! Bryan is one of our favorite chef for that season. CJ was also a nice chef in that episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they were both really nice and really tall. They had that good TV personality.

    ReplyDelete