Monday, June 7, 2010

Movin' on Up!

This weekend went by in kind of a blur. After much deliberation and convincing, I got the go ahead to move into a new apartment. Benefits of not having Craig living outside my window, more natural light, the view is pretty sweet, I can have my windows open and it's a much nicer apartment. The downsides I have found are garbage and recycle take out on Monday mornings is brutal with or without the windows open.

The cause of the move besides wanting to get up off the ground floor? Well, it's actually cheaper. But then Friday evening I started to hear a dripping noise. It took me a while to find where it was coming from. The dripping was coming from the ceiling in the bathroom but there wasn't actually any water coming into my apartment. I went to go change the laundry and found a waterfall coming from the ceiling in the hallway. I called maintenance to come and fix it. Then there was this awful smell coming from the ceiling and wall in my room, from where the water was landing. Despite the smell I decided to stay since I was so tired.

The next morning the smell was ten times worse. I ran up to the office and asked them to let me move into my new apartment. They said yes, so I started packing up the cart and movin' on up. As I was moving I started meeting the people on my new floor. This is when I found out, I had been inhaling poop water all night. Some guy above had clogged his toilet, didn't turn his water off and had tried to plunge it for a few hours as water poured out everywhere.

So, it's been a week since this happened and the fans are still blowing, trying to dry up the smell. But now I live up on a sweet floor with a great view and a little more usable room.

Tip for the Day: Plan ahead. You can never go wrong with planning ahead. And there is always time to be spontaneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment