Monday, May 17, 2010

1 Day Down, 27 to Go

Whew! They were right about the change of pace! My back hurts, I have never sweated that much since I played soccer and it was only the first day. Mise en placed for tomorrow's beef stock production and our group is in charge of the white veal stock.

After being able to choose our groups in the first class, our groups were chosen for us in this class. Pretty sure she went back and asked Chef Shotgun who we didn't get along with and put us together accordingly. It will be the best learning experience ever if I do not end up in jail for violent actions with a peeler. We were short a group member, who slept in, and our group was also the Sous Chef(s) for the day. Needless to say our group is a bit behind but not too bad and this makes it a little more exciting I have decided. After having an emotional breakdown and regressing to my childhood to cry to my parents ears, I reminded myself that I want this. And yes, I did rock it for the most part.

Grades are in for the first cycle and it feels good to do well at something again. So, the techniques and methods are in the works to be perfected. And today, someone called me Hermione Granger. So it's nice to know that I have one part of this place down.

Today was technically supposed to be my first day of work but a horrific chain of mis-communication with my place of employment led me to miss my first day. And after reviewing the "absence" point policy, I should be fired. But they're letting me come in tomorrow so yay for some income!

Tip for the Day: When making a brown stock DO NOT RINSE THE BONES. This takes away the moisture and dries out the bones and stops the caramelization process, thus making it hard to actually produce a brown stock. -Hermione Granger

No comments:

Post a Comment