Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chef Shotgun

Like college there are those professors, in this case chefs, that you find you really like and relate to. My first two Chefs are my favorite so far and this is about my hilarious foundations Chef Shotgun.

I LOVE food. I'm a cheese whore and there are few things that I will not try. Chef Shotgun is also one of these people. He is a tall, very robust man, completely comfortable with his size. The first day of class he massaged his large belly and said, "I did this! And I love it." We have never really seen him mad and he is constantly joking around and keeping us on our toes with his 9-yr-old humor. And he is an amazing chef. And from what we hear, he is an spectacular boss - they base their kitchen speak on Star Wars. I want to work for him!

He is one of our favorites. And every day he makes us a little bit smarter. Today he reminded us that our mistakes are our best learning tools.

Tip for Today: Your mise en place is ESSENTIAL, you screw up the mise, you are making it harder for yourself. Do the MISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment