Thursday, May 20, 2010

Learning

So just to clarify, Chef BA is no longer Chef BA. She is probably one of the nicest people and has proven to be a great instructor. For now she will just be Chef on Your Toes. And she really does keep you on your toes. Something that we have learned-WATCH YOUR BURNERS. She goes around turning your burners on higher or turning them off. She has caught me several times doing something I shouldn't be doing. She's like a cat! But she is a great resource who is packed full of information. There hasn't been an hour that has gone by where I haven't learned something new.

Today she asked me how I was doing and later "Are you learning?". "Oh yeah, Chef, I'm learning a lot. Mostly because I'm making so many mistakes," was my answer. Today I found myself cover from head to toe in tomato and supreme sauce. It was the most fun I've had yet. Our class is awful about doing the dishes but it's a learning experience and we are learning who holds their ground and who is holding us back. Survival of the Fittest again. Today we learned that multi-tasking is a must in the kitchen.

Tip for the Day: Vinegar takes out tomato stains.

No comments:

Post a Comment