Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Job That Makes Me Spend Money

Culinary school is great. I love it so far. The worst part is the cost. So, I got a job...in retail...in a really good place...that provides me with a really good discount. And in our current class we are all assigned different jobs every day that must be completed before we can leave; sous chef, clean ovens, clean walk-in, clean shelves and windows, sweep and mop, take out trash and compost and the most difficult part it seems, dishwashing.

Well with all of this money that I seem to be spending to attend the School, I seem to be working a lot...at the School. Every day we are supposed to be doing something different as far as our jobs go; however, it seems that our class has a LAZY and EGOTISTICAL problem. There are many people who drop their dishes off and get new ones instead of cleaning theirs. Also, when help is needed, standing there seems to be the course that most take. So, not only am I paying plenty of cash to learn some amazing stuff, I'm paying to pick up some slack in the dishwashing area...every day. So, I've been yelling, a lot. And once or twice things actually get done. More or less, the class needs to just do their dishes. Mommy and Daddy aren't here to pick up after you when you're done playing.

I got this really cool job so that I could afford to keep going to school and living in a place with a roof and a bathroom and a bed. The job has a dress code, the one part I get dinged on...I don't have nice enough shoes. For those of you who know me, shoes rank up there almost next to food, Star Wars and panda bears. So the job that I got so that I could start earning some money is actually causing me to spend money, on shoes. Money that I don't even have yet but have to spend so that I can go make the money that will be used in buying the shoes. The real world sucks but we all have to enter it at some point.

Tip for the Day:
It's ok to be the leader as long as you're being productive and it's ok to take the back seat to make others step up.
Cooking Tip for the Day: Presentation is an important part of food, so take your time to make it look nice, it makes it appealing to eat. Everything you put in the bowl or plate has to be able to be eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment